Sunday, January 2, 2011

30 Days 30 Pictures: Day 2

Day 2: A picture of someone who has been close to you for the longest time



Meet Ian. Ian lives in Baltimore. We met way way WAY back in the day, back when Yahoo chat was where it was at. Back when I was in the 7th grade. We talked on a daily and nightly basis. If we weren't talking over messengers, then we were on the phone. And when we weren't on the phone and sleeping we were writing letters snail mail style. He's a die hard romantic and probably one of the few people cooler than me. When I was in Drivers' Ed, he hijacked his father's pepto bismol colored truck (most flamboyant thing in the world) and drive from Joppatowne, MD to Sinclairville, NY to give me a hug. I met him down by the elementary school around the corner from my house. He dove out of the truck and I actually picked him up because I was so excited. Also because I'm a beast. When I was working at the WNYDDSO, I got a phone call from him again. He was already in Pennsylvania when he called. My memory is fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure he did this a third time before finally kidnapping me to Baltimore. I almost didn't get back on the plane. Honestly the only reason I didn't stay in Maryland at that point was because I was going to be starting college soon. We had an almost-complete falling out over some ridiculous shit. It wasn't enough to keep us at radio silence for long. No matter where we are or how long it's been, we always track each other down. We were two people cut from the same cloth. Nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, will keep me away from him or keep him away from me. He's my longest friend. He's been close to me for over a decade. I was temporarily stupid and let someone else come between our friendship. That's never happening again.

He's currently about 3.5 hours away from me for the next 3 weeks or so. You're an idiot if you don't think I'll be paying him a visit. CHORONZON BE DAMNED! He and I, we ruled the world with an iron fist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment